jrfoodcritic

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Back to New Orleans

Hey everybody, we just came back from New Orleans. It was great!!! When we got there it was already dinner time so we went to Couchon, which means pig in French. The first thing I noticed was the smell of the food and it was amazing. For appetizers we had rabbit liver and fried alligator!! It was actually good!! For my main course I had rabbit and dumplings, and my side was macaroni and cheese. It all was fantastic!!! Everyone else had different types of pig. I tried them all, and they were awesome!!! Our server was Ms. Angelina and she was very nice.

For lunch the next day, we went to Luke's - a Chef John Besh restaurant. We didn't have any appetisers so for my main dish I had 6 big fried shrimp served on a wooden cutting board with ranch dressing. It tasted really good!!! For my side I had some great french fries wrapped in a menu and placed in a bucket. My sister had 3 mini burgers which I tasted, and were delicious. We also had some grillades (pieces of veal and gravy) and grits they were very tasty. Our server was Mr. Chris he was awesome!



               Till next time,
                  jrfoodcritic




No comments:

Post a Comment